We want to assure all our customers that at Bamboo Estates, we are working tirelessly to deliver you the best service possible under these difficult conditions we find ourselves in.The safety of our customers, tenants, staff and contractors remains our top priority as the coronavirus situation evolves.The Covid-19 Pandemic is ongoing, and it is necessary for individuals to continue to practise social distancing or self-isolation. Bamboo Estates will be following government guidance on safer working and take measures to ensure COVID-19 social distancing continues. The initial government good practice guidelines released in March 2020 is just as relevant today and includes:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash/sanitise your hands when entering and leaving your home
- Whenever possible maintain social distancing of 2 metres
- do not cross on stairs
- do not share passenger lifts with those outside of your home
- do not hold doors open for others outside your home
The changes we have introduced have all been made to try and reduce social contact so we can do our part to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. These changes are:
- We are no longer offering routine repairs; this means moving to emergency and urgent repairs only. Details of what this means in practice can be found in our Customer Frequently Asked Questions document.
- We have cancelled all internal planned improvement works that are not essential and rescheduled them for when we get back to business as normal. For now, any external works will continue as usual. We will complete all internal works that have already been started. Planned internal works include replacement kitchens, bathrooms and new heating systems.
- It may take us a little longer than usual to answer telephone calls to our repairs team as we are experiencing very high call volumes.
- Before we visit your home to undertake a repair or service, we will be asking you key questions relating to Coronavirus. Please answer these fully, they are being asked to protect all members of our community.
- Our staff will be working from home where they can. We are confident we can still offer you great customer service when our staff are at home and our repairs line remains open as usual.
- If your income becomes considerably reduced because of Coronavirus you should contact us as soon as possible to discuss your situation. Please see more information on this in the attached Customer Frequently Asked Questions document.
The changes we have introduced for applicants and potential tenants have all been made to try and reduce social contact so we can do our part to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. These changes are:
- Potential tenants will be prioritised based on when their property enquiry was received and their suitability according to our reference criteria. Virtual viewings and full reference checks will be completed before any viewing appointments are arranged.
- Agents will complete virtual walk through videos for each property where void works have been completed. Potential tenants will be provided with this video to complete a virtual viewing. Only once the potential tenant confirms they are still interested in proceeding with the tenancy, and all reference checks have been completed, will a physical viewing be arranged.
- Should a viewing or move in be arranged customers attending appointments will be informed of the measures in place and they are required to wear disposable gloves before entering the property. Customers need to provide their own disposable gloves. Customers arriving via public transport will also be asked to wear a face mask/covering. We are all facing a time where our normal lives are being disrupted. Our staff are dedicated and want to help our customers and tenants through these challenging times, but I ask for your patience and understanding whilst we settle into a different way of working. If you have other questions, please contact us via email email@example.com I will keep you updated with our latest information and I thank you again for your patience as we move through the coming weeks and months.